Construction projects contain lots of moving parts, people, materials and processes with very tight margins. Facing unprecedented external conditions, we believe business continuity is critical in these uncertain times. How do we keep our businesses operational and quickly transition our daily functions out of offices and public spaces to remote locations? While we know there are many things for general contractors and subcontractors to grapple with during this challenging time, we want to highlight a few possibilities.
Remote working may seem impossible for finance and administration teams who are accustomed to manually handling spreadsheets, printed documents and paperwork every day. At a time like this when safety and social distancing is paramount, we recommend a streamlined, automated system that eliminates manual processes and person-to-person contact.
How we solve this challenge:
- Payapps is construction payment management software that allows general contractors and subcontractors to quickly and easily collaborate.
- Payapps automates the application for payment (AFP), compliance and payment processes all on one platform. Schedule of values, change orders and other compliance documents – all of these can be submitted, reviewed and approved online.
- Payapps also integrates directly with most construction finance systems, so contract, payment and other information does not require double entry and is up-to-date at all times across both platforms.
- Built-in email notifications also help subcontractors and project teams stay on top of their important billing dates and project requirements. General contractors can dictate when to set these reminders so deadlines are maintained and things keep running smoothly.
- And all of these features help ensure compliance with the Security Of Payments Act (SOPA).
Systemising and streamlining manual processes has never been so critical in ensuring business continuity and operating “business as usual” in these uncertain times. Take a look at the case studies below and see how some of our customers are doing just that – with Payapps.